When I chat with new clients, I always ask them if they have someone that they look up to for style inspiration- it could be someone in their life or online.
Many guys that I talk to 99% of the time do not name anyone and I understand why.
Talking about your favorite place to shop, how great your outfit looks or where you get your alterations done are not hot topics among men to chat about with their friends!
But, I believe that it is important to surround yourself with people that you look up to- in any area of your life- so you can learn from them, observe and ultimately this will help you become an even higher quality person.
Surrounding yourself with men who have great style is no exception.
While it may be more challenging in real life to find these role models, you can find them online.
It is important to do this because:
- You can figure out what you like and don’t like.
- You will get tons of inspiration about where you want to take your personal style.
- You will get comfortable and ok with saying ‘I want to dress better.’
So let me introduce Jeff and Kevin.
You may have seen or heard of them before- they run a few small companies called Amazon and Instagram.
What do these guys have in common?
- They are busy entrepreneurs.
- Developing their style didn’t come easy to them. Understanding how to put together outfits wasn’t intuitive.
- Their time was most valuable to them so they would pay anything to outsource looking better.
Ultimately, these guys realized that dressing better communicates a refined image and impression– before they even open their mouth to speak!
Jeff and Kevin are great examples of style role models that have made the transformation themselves and look much better.
Cassandra Sethi is a NYC Personal Stylist and Image Consultant. After working over 15 years in the Fashion Industry, most recently as a Senior Buyer for Equinox, she created her business, Next Level Wardrobe – a luxury personal shopping service for successful professionals. Cassandra’s been featured in Greatist, Livestrong and NY Mag.